Monday, March 29, 2010

Maintenance - Guitar Bag & Guitar Stands

It's been a while since I have blogged. Sorry about that.. Got so caught up with work....

Anyways, I am going to talk about guitar bags and guitar stands. Below is the guitar stand that I am using currently:














There are also other types of guitar stands such as these:








































As for guitar bags, there are two different types; they are the hardcase and the softcase.

Below are some of the different types of guitar bags:






























If you have read some of my earlier post, I talked about maintaining your guitar. One of them is maintaining the strings. Like I said, who would want to play guitar with rusty strings? I'm not sure about you, but I don't. Also, rusty guitar strings will tend to eat up the frets over time. This will make you have to fork out a huge sum of money just to repair those frets (More on that later). The way you keep your guitar also plays a part in keeping the strings rust-free.

So which one is better in order to keep the strings from rusty you may ask? Depends. If you are living in a tropical country where the humidity is high, i suggest you put it in the guitar bag as the air contains a lot of moisture which will make the strings to rust if you leave it on the guitar stand. However, if you insist in putting it in a stand, then the next best thing to do is to oil it every now and then, even if you don't play the guitar that often.

So if you don't want to maintain the strings that often, please put it in the bag. I know that putting in a bag may look very unglamorous, but it helps you to save your time and resources from maintaining it.

No comments:

Post a Comment